Friday, September 24, 2010

Something simple, something sweet

If you know me then you know how much I enjoy to cook & eat, if you don't you soon will know.  I love just how simple cooking can be if you just look at it as being a simple task.  You'll find that you enjoy what you've made & the time spent making it.  I encourage all who consider cooking a difficult, job like task to give it another try with just a different outlook. 

A simple, but promising dessert recipe, that is old & trusty, is one that I got from my husband's Nanny. It's fruit cobbler.  Any fruit is applicable here.  Whatever you have, or is on sale, or what you love most is perfect.  You could use fresh, can, or frozen fruit.  I like to sweeten the fruit with sugar or sugar substitute if you're using fresh or frozen. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.  Mix together 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar, & 1 cup of milk.  Then pour the mixture over 2 cups of fruit.  Bake until the top is golden brown-approximately 20 min.  You will then have an old fashion cobbler in just minutes that everyone will enjoy & bring happiness to all.  I like to add cool whip or ice cream.  :)

The more you cook the more you'll realize how you can change a recipe to suit your taste & diet.  That is one of my favorite things about cooking.  I hope you enjoy this recipe or at least reading my thoughts on this simple & sweet good eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment