Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Super Easy Shrimp Carbonara

This pasta dish consists of ingredients that will make anyone's mouth water.  I actually put this recipe together with just my knowledge of what a carbonara pasta is & with what I had in my kitchen.  So while this isn't exactly a traditional carbonara, it is a successfully delicious dish to me & my family!  It's also a non-time consuming meal which is a plus for anyone with a busy schedule any day of the week.

What you'll need for this yummy carbonara is 1 lb. of frozen raw shrimp, 2 tbsp. of butter, 6 slices of bacon, 1 cup of frozen peas, 3 cups of alfredo sauce, 10 oz. of your choice of pasta, and salt & pepper to season.  I'd start by boiling your pasta & cooking the bacon.  Cook the bacon till crisp, then set aside for later.  Then saute the shrimp in 2 tbsp. of butter till they are pink on both sides, for about 7 minutes.  Be sure not to over cook your shrimp or they'll be tough.  Set the shrimp aside with the bacon.  Peel the shrimp & crumble the bacon, so they are ready when needed.  Next start your alfredo sauce.  You can use a jar sauce, but I suggest using my "Everyday Alfredo" from the previous blog. Once the alfredo is warm, add the 1 cup of peas & salt & pepper.  Simmer the sauce & peas on medium-low for about 10 minutes.  Then add the peeled shrimp & lastly the bacon.  Your pasta should be cooked & drained by now.  Stir the pasta into the mixture or top the pasta with the shrimp carbonara sauce.  Either way this should be looking quite delicious by now!  :)

I'm craving this recipe right now.  I'm sure if all these ingredients appeal to you, then you're feeling the same way.  If not remember the most fun thing about cooking is being able to change any recipe to your desired taste.  You could easily substitute shrimp for chicken, peas for broccoli, bacon for pancetta, or  adding caynene pepper sure would heat things up here.  Any of the substitutions would work great as long as it suites you.  Just remember to enjoy yourself in the kitchen & you'll enjoy your food even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment