Sunday, October 3, 2010

Tailgating-Friendly Tinfoil Chili Cheeseburgers

You may think the sound of "tinfoil chili cheeseburgers" aren't anything special, but they sure are!  I had been given a few of these by my sister to take home one night for dinner & after my first bite I immediately desired the directions for them.  They're simple, comforting, & perfect for easy tailgating.  I'm willing to share the secret of these tinfoil delights to you now. 

You'll need 2lbs. of ground beef for approx. 10 burgers, plain buns, diced onions, 1 can of your choice chili (the ones I had were made with Bunker Hill chili & were delicious), mayonnaise, mustard & american cheese.  Patty the burgers out to fit your buns.  Cook them either stove top or on the grill.  While your burgers are cooking, heat the chili, saute your onions, & mix 3 parts mayonnaise to 1 part mustard.  Then when everything is ready assemble your chili cheeseburgers. Put the mayo & mustard mixture of each side of the bun (more is better, I mean a lot more), add onions to top of bun, place the burger on bun, top with cheese, & then add 2 spoonfuls of chili to the cheeseburger. The chili is going to slide off the burger, but that is OK.  Then individually wrap each burger in tinfoil.  Bake the tinfoil wrapped chili cheeseburgers at 350 degrees or if tailgating put on the grill with lid for 10 minutes.  After letting them heat in the tinfoil, you end up with an oowey gooey chili cheeseburger that taste great & is fun to eat too!

These tinfoil chili cheeseburgers are super fun & simple.  Once they're done you can just toss them out to your friends or children-no plate required.  Any of your favorite burger toppings work with these burgers, so pile them up or pile them down.  But I love these just the way they are!  I hope you enjoy these at your next tailgating event just as much as I have making them at home with my family.

2 comments:

  1. Like your take on the Chili Cheeseburgers! :-)
    Request for Sticky Rice, please! You know, the good stuff with the mango?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds freakin awesome. I will be trying it soon.

    ReplyDelete